1 a single splash; "he heard a splat as it hit the floor"
2 a slat of wood in the middle of the back of a straight chair
1 give off the sound of a bullet flattening on impact
2 split open and flatten for cooking; "splat fish over an open fire"
3 flatten on impact; "The snowballs splatted on the trees"
- Rhymes: -æt
- The sharp, atonal sound of a liquid or soft solid hitting a
- I didn't see the egg fall, but I heard the splat when it hit the floor.
- The irregular shape of a viscous liquid or soft solid which has
hit a solid surface.
- The canvas was covered by seemingly careless splats of paint.
- The cmd key on an Apple Macintosh ®.
- Various characters appearing in computer character sets, particularly # and *.
- To hit a flat surface and deform into an irregular shape.
- The egg splatted onto the floor.
Splat may refer to:
- A mark/spot on a surface caused by a liquid material (paint, etc)
- SPLAT (S.P.L.A.T.) Spongefied Plant Leaf Adjuvant Treatment. All Natural Spray treatment that increases the efficacy of spray applications on foliage. It is best used with contact herbicides, contact fungicides, contact insecticides or even foliar feeding applications. It helps retain these applied ingredients on the surface of the plant minimizing wash-off for 21 days and greatly improves rainfastness. Aquatic Safe, Rainfast & UV protection, 1 gallon treats 25 acres.
- Splat, an element of the chair
- Splat, A musical to teach the NSW School Values
- Splat, a computer science colloquialism for the asterisk symbol
- Texture splat, a computer graphics effect
- Nickelodeon SPLAT!, a Canadian documentary series about animation featuring such artists as Craig McCraken and Bill Plimpton
- Character class (slang), derived from the term splatbook
- Remote control (slang)
- Splat Pack, a collection of filmmakers
bang, beam, billet, board, boarding, bump, burst, bust, clap, clapboard, clash, cord, cordwood, crack, crash, crump, deal, driftwood, firewood, flap, flop, hardwood, knock, lath, lathing, lathwork, log, lumber, panelboard, paneling, panelwork, plank, planking, plyboard, plywood, pole, post, puncheon, rap, report, shake, sheathing, sheathing board, sheeting, shingle, sideboard, siding, slab, slam, slap, slat, smack, softwood, stave, stick, stick of wood, stovewood, swap, tap, three-by-four, thwack, timber, timbering, timberwork, two-by-four, weatherboard, whack, wham, whap, whomp, whop, wood